Buffalo Alternative Therapy provides high quality treatment at affordable rates in a supportive community setting. We strive to provide options so you are able to receive acupuncture regularly enough and long enough to get better and stay better. Our clinic appreciates the diversity of human beings and we do not discriminate based on race, national origin, religion, age, height, weight, education, language, ability, marital status, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or any other factor.
We are a social business, and we greatly appreciate your referrals! By spreading the word, YOU support accessible and affordable acupuncture care in Buffalo!
Buffalo Alternative Therapies is a proud member of the People’s Organization of Community Acupuncture, which is a multi-stakeholder cooperative. Our goal is to make acupuncture accessible and affordable to as many people as possible. Please visit www.pocacoop.com to learn more and help the cause.
Acupuncture is one of the oldest, most commonly used health care systems in the world. It is simple, safe, and effective.
How Can Acupuncture Help?
Acupuncture is known to be effective at treating:
- chronic pain
- menstrual cramps
- back pain
- carpel tunnel
- addiction to alcohol, nicotine, & other drugs
- angina pectoris
- myofascial pain
- gynecological disorders
- and much more…
How Many Treatments?
The amount of acupuncture you will need depends on your health issues, how long you’ve had the condition, and your overall health situation. Our affordable sliding scale makes it easy to get the right amount of treatment for your condition and make acupuncture a part of your overall healthcare plan. You decide what you can afford based on your treatment plan.
Sliding Scale Pricing
Our fees are based on a sliding scale where you chose what to pay, anywhere from $15 to $40 per treatment. Research in the United States has shown that acupuncture is most effective when done frequently and regularly. Once a week is usually the minimum required to make progress, and twice weekly early in the treatment process can increase the success rate significantly. The goal of the sliding scale is to keep acupuncture affordable and allow you to come in often enough to get and stay better. Because we offer a sliding scale, we cannot accept insurance billing (that’s the insurance companies’ rule, not ours). If you have insurance that covers acupuncture, we’ll be happy to give you a payment receipt, and you can submit it for reimbursement; that’s OK with the insurance companies. We also offer simple cash receipts for your own records as well.
Our clinic does not receive grants, state or federal money, or insurance reimbursement. It exists because patients pay for their treatments – in a sustainable community business model.
How Can Massage Help?
Massage therapy can help with:
- Muscle soreness
- Chronic Injuries
- Low back pain and tension
- Pain and tension due to postural problems
- Boosting the Immune System
- Injury Recovery
How Many Treatments?
This differs from person to person, depending on the issue youʼre trying to address, your time availability and your finances – weʼll work together to figure out the best answer to this question.
Sliding Scale Pricing
Pay what you choose, $55-80 for an hour, $85-120 for an hour and a half. You know what you can afford, we want you to be able to come back more often so we can help you maintain better health.
We apologize, but we are not currently scheduling new massage clients.
The average appointment is 1 hour long. To make an online appointment, please create an account using our secure scheduler. This will also help for creating future appointments.
- Updated Hours Jan/Feb 2020 (1/13/2020) - B.A.T will be closing from Jan 23, 2020 to Feb 24th, 2020. We will have limited access to phone/email so bear with us if we don’t get back to you for a while. Feel free to make appointments online for when we return. Thank you!
- 2018 Holiday Schedule. (12/2/2018) - B.A.T will be closed from Dec24-Jan 3, 2019. We’ll be back to normal on Friday Jan 4th. Thank you for a wonderful year.
- Spring Schedule (4/10/2018) - We have some changes to our normal schedule in April/May. April 14th there will be no acupuncture while Craig is at Roswell for a class. May 10-19th B.A.T will be closed for some R&R. Back to our normal schedule May 21st. We are also going to celebrate Memorial day this year, so closed again May […]
- Snow Closing 3/14/17 (3/14/2017) - B.A.T will be closed this Pi Day due to the current road conditions.
- 2016 Holiday Schedule (12/16/2016) - We’ll be closed a few days this upcoming holiday season. BAT will be open Monday Dec 19th – Wednesday December 21st as normal. We will be closed from December 22-29th. Things are back to normal December 30th. Please have a safe holiday season.